1. _____ as much as one-fifth of all timber harvested is not used. A. The estimate B. The estimate C. They are estimated D. It is estimated that
2. _____ was once regarded as impossible has now become a reality. A. That B. Which C. Who D. What
3. _____ we have achieved is attributed to the guidance of our parents. A. Whoever B. Whatever C. However D. That
4. _____ you say now can’t make up for what you’ve done. A. No matter B. Whatever C. However D. That
5. Although _____ happened in this developed country sounds like science fiction, it
could occur elsewhere in the world.
A. which B. what C. how D. it
6. _____ she had forgotten to take her notebook.
A. That occurred to her B. She occurred that C. To her that occurred D. It occurred to her that 7. I am sure that _____ she said is wrong. A. which B. all C. this D. what
8. We lost our way in the forest, and _____ made matters worse was that it was
A. that B. which C. it D. what
9. _____ occurred to him that he had forgotten to lock the door when he left home.
A. This B. It C. That D. These 10. _____ or not is still uncertain.
A. He’s coming B. If he is coming C. That coming D. Whether he’s coming 11. It’s _____ he’ll be able to come.
A. doubt whether B. doubtful C. doubt it D. doubtful whether 12. It is _____ that the bridge has existed for more than three centuries . A. appeared B. risen C. said D. born
13. _____ he saw both surprised and frightened him. A. That B. When C. What D. Which 14. _____ is a spell of warm sunshine.
A. What do we all need. B. What all we need C. What we need D. What we all need 15. _____ is a pity that he should feel so upset. A. What B. That C. He D. It
16. _____ a spoonful of soil can tell us so much about the structure and early history of the moon. A. Remarkable B. Quite remarkably C. It is remarkable that D. It is remarkable 17. _____ you nominate will be elected.
A. Who B. Which C. Whomever D. That’s 18. _____ book you borrow must be returned within a week. A. What B. Which C. Whichever D. That’s
19. _____ is troubling me is that I don’t have much experience in international commerce.
A. It B. That C. Which D. What
20. _____they wil go there to try another experiment has not been decided yet.
A. Whether B. If C. About whether D. Why
1.__________________________________ hasn’t been decided yet.pick 谁将去接他还没有确定。
2.__________________________________ remains unknown.finish 我们是否能按时完成工作还不知道
3._____________________________________ is none of my business.like 你喜不喜欢他都与我无关。
4._________________________________________ is being discussed.abroad 他将何时出国正在讨论之中。
5.____________________________ in learning English is enough practice.matter
6.It worried her a bit ______________________________________________.turn 她的头发正在变白让她有些担忧。
7.After Yang Liwei succeeded in circling the earth,
___________________________ our astronauts walk in space. desire 杨利伟成功地环绕地球后，我们希望的是宇航员在太空漫步。
8. ________________________________________ should be punished.break 任何违法的人都应该被惩罚。
9.___________________ we can learn four foreign languages at the same time.seem
10._______________________________ was that more than 90% of the students had been admitted to the key universities.
1—5 DDBBB 6—10 DDDBD 11—15 DCCDD 16—20 CACDA 1.Who will pick him up
2.Whether we can finish the work on time 3.Whether you like him or not 4.When he will go abroad 5.What matters most
6.that her hair was turning grey 7.it’s desired that
8.Whoever breaks the law 9.It seems impossible that
10. What made the school proud